Tuesday, June 11, 2013

Top Ten Tuesday (2)



Hosted by The Broke and Bookish, this week is top 10 beach reads.

 This is my read for this summer. I finally got a copy and can not wait to get into it! Everyone has always had great things to say and I can wait to dive in!

 I love any retelling of Jane Austen classics. Winter I prefer the original text but summer is all about the AU's!

 When I was in the fifth grade I spent an entire summer reading the entire baby sitters club series. I mean all of them (Including the Karen books). So when I think summer I think of the Baby Sitters Club.

 One thing I miss is the waiting for the next Harry Potter to be reliesed so I knew what I was reading over the summer. The Seventh was a heartbreaking moment. I spent so many summers with the trio that I didn't want it to end.

 I only discovered Stargirl this year, and I feel like I missed out on so much! Such a good story, and I just love this book for summer. I am going to try and find Love Stargirl and read them together soon.

 Another book I found in my younger reading years that always makes me think of summer. Did anyone else have the library reading challenges? I remember the librarian handing me the new copy of this one because I had read almost everything on the shelves before.

 Mom and I read this together last year, and what an experience. I great summer memory for us.

 I spent last summer with this series, I can not wait for the movie! And I mean in summer who else hopes to find a Finnick on the beach?

 I love reading Nicholas Sparks in the summer, and the Notebook is my go to when I need a romance fix. 


And that's it! My top 10!

4 comments:

  1. Ooo, babysitter's club! I remember reading all of those as well. I really need to read The Selection, as I've had it for a while now. Great list!

    My Top Ten

    ReplyDelete
  2. I love your list - lots of good, engrossing books. I still need to read The Selection, too. Okay, now I'm crossing my fingers that this weekend will be beach weather! :-)

    ReplyDelete
  3. Great list! Love HP and the hunger games:)

    My TTT:
    evelinesbooks.blogspot.nl

    ReplyDelete
  4. The Baby-Sitter's Club!! I seriously loved those books so much when I was little. I recently checked out the Selection from the library so it's on my summer TBR list as well. Great list!
    Natflix&Books' TTT

    ReplyDelete