Monday, October 7, 2013

A Little Insight

I started asking myself one question as I was walking through the book store the other day... Why do I choose the books I do? It honestly comes down to three things.

1. Colors: I can not stand bold looking books, and you are not supposed to judge a book by its cover. But if something is to bright I will avoid it. The brightest books on my shelf are HP 7 and TFIOS.

2. Author Recognition/ Title Recognition: If it is an author I know to be great by past reading experiences, or if I have heard good reviews of a title or author I am more likely to pick it up. That is what is so great about the book blog and book tube community. I never would have picked up the Lunar Chronicles if it were not for the rave reviews I kept hearing about them. And they may be my favorite reads of this year!

3. The back cover blurb. If a blurb can captivate me quickly or sparks some sort of interest then I will put it on a list to look up. If it is a book I know nothing about I then have to look it up before continuing on with a purchase.

If a book can hit the all three I will buy it, otherwise I wait for the library to get it. And if I loved it after borrowing it I will buy it. If not I didn't waist the money.

What are some of your book buying habits?

No comments:

Post a Comment